Ability to Pay
Ability to pay is determined by information provided and collected during the application process.
Information on the paper application, pay stubs, benefit statements, previously filed federal tax returns, and credit reports are examples of the resources used to determine this ability.
Applicants must have:
- a steady, reliable source of income and demonstrate financial responsibility.
- the ability to pay a monthly house payment at approximately 25% of gross monthly income (taxes and insurance included).
- the ability to pay projected monthly utilities (electric/gas & water/sewer).
- NOT filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 years.
- NO outstanding collections, liens or judgments that cannot reasonably be paid by the completion of the home build.